Sunday, November 29, 2009

Day 1: Monday {11/29/10}

For my spiritual fitness during these 25 Days of Fitness, I have chosen to read through Max Lucado's One Incredible Moment: Celebrating the Majesty of the Manger!

A fabulous little Christmas book in my opinion!

(I usually read through it at least once every year at this time.)

He has such a way with words.

Combined with these readings, I will read through The Christmas Story accounted for in the gospels.

Spiritual Reflections for today---

Referring to the night that Jesus was born, Max says, "There is one word that describes the night He came----ordinary."

He then goes on to describe how this night was like any other night...ordinary sky, ordinary sheep, ordinary shepherds.

Which makes me wonder...will this Christmas be like any other Christmas?

Will I continue to go through the motions of shopping, eating, decorating, wrapping, gift-giving, church-going, etc?

Will I miss the coming of the Savior?

Max goes on to write...

"An ordinary night with ordinary sheep and ordinary shepherds. And were it not for a God who loves to hook an extra on the front of the ordinary, the night would have gone unnoticed. The sheep would have been forgotten, and the shepherds would have slept the night away."

Or will I acknowledge the great celebration that Christmas represents, expecting God to do something BIG, recognizing Him when He shows up?

"But God dances amidst the common. And that night he did a waltz."

"The night was ordinary no more."

Prayer for today---

Lord, thank you for turning that ordinary night into the extraordinary arrival of Our Savior. Please help me to keep my eyes on you this Christmas season. Do not let me miss the miracle of the manger! Amen.

I hope your day is going great so far!

I am doing good on my calories but need to up the water intake!

I am going to workout at the Y later this afternoon when Big A gets home!

I will let you know how it goes!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Back from the Y, workout went great!

Workout Routine for today---

- 5 minute warm-up (walk, stretch)
-30 minutes on the elliptical at a brisk pace
-free-weight routine combining upper and lower body (squats, calf raises, bench press, shoulder circuit, bicep curls, tricep extensions and abs...8-10 reps on each)
-5 minute cool-down (walk, stretch)

So far so good on the calories, I have yet to reach my limit!

I have not drank anything but water today...however, I still need to increase that amount!

Leave me some comments and let me know how YOU did today!

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...