Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day 25: Thursday {12/23/10}

Today is the final day of 25 Days of Fitness!!!

I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have!

I am SO glad that I did this because it truly has kept me accountable to eating better and working out more than I ever would have had I not done this!

And I have to say that my favorite part was the spiritual fitness.

I really enjoyed spending time reflecting on the true meaning of Christmas, it brought a fresh outlook to the birth of our savior and kept me focused on Him amidst the hustle and bustle of the season!

Because of its popularity, I will definitely be doing something similar to this again next year!

And make sure to check back after the New Year for some-sort of fitness challenge to help us start 2011 off right!

Merry Christmas friends!

May you be surrounded by loved ones as you celebrate Jesus' arrival!

Workout Routine for today---

-climbed 100 stairs
-super-slow strength-training exercises (squats, abs, reverse push-ups)

Spiritual Reflections for today---

The final reading in One Incredible Moment is just that, incredible.

Gotta love Max Lucado.

"The magical dust of Christmas glittered on the cheeks of humanity ever so briefly, reminding us of what is worth having and what we were intended to be. We forgot our compulsion with winning, wooing, and warring. We put away our ladders and ledgers, we hung up our stopwatches and weapons. We stepped off our race tracks and roller coasters and looked outward toward the star of Bethlehem. It's the season to be jolly because, more than at any other time, we think of him. More than in any other season, his name is on our lips."

Emmanuel. He is with us. God came near.

"And I can't help but linger on one fanciful thought: If he can do so much with such timid prayers lamely offered in December, how much more could he do if we thought of him everyday?"

I leave you with one of my favorite Christmas songs of all time.



May we hear the bells everyday, all year long.

Our world is in desperate need of a savior.

Will you be the one to show them Jesus?

Prayer for today---

Lord, thank you for your incredible gift of peace, Jesus Christ. May we point to Him daily in a world that has rejected Him. Amen.

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...