Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mini Color Books

As most of you know, I am apart of a WONDERFUL group called MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers)!!

Seriously, I cannot stress how much I LOVE this group of women!

We are each other's support system!

I call it "mommy-therapy."

It (along with my faith in God) is what makes it possible for me to be a stay-at-home-momma!

If you have a group in your area, get involved!

Off the soapbox for now, but you will definitely be hearing more about this group in the future!

All that to say, I wanted to show you the CUTE craft we made at one of our meetings not too long ago.

I am not even the crafty-type and I loved it!

We called them Mini Color Books and the basic idea is that your child can use them to learn their colors, while looking at cute pictures of their friends and family members!

These are the pages that have my little guys on them...We had a little contest with a few categories and Little A's picture actually won Most Creative!!


We each sent in a photo of our child in our assigned color and my friend Kim, of Five17 Creations, digitally enhanced the colors and designed the layouts.

Then she had them printed at Costco.

When we arrived at our MOPS meeting, we glued each color photo onto the corresponding construction paper to give it a color border.

We also stuck a white label on each photo with the name of that color, printed in that color.

Then we laminated each photo, punched a hole in the top left corner of each photo and then put them all together on a tiny silver ring.

Now our children have a cute little book to carry around that will help them learn their colors and their friends names!

It is SO CUTE!

To see the rest of the color pages from our group, click here.

You could also do this with letters, numbers, names, etc.

I am sure that Kim would be happy to make one for your child (for a small fee), if you sent her 10 pictures of your child or your child's friends and family members!

It would also make a sweet gift!


Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...