Monday, August 1, 2011

mom2mom {linky party}: cleaning your dishwasher with lemonade!

As I was unloading the dishwasher a few months ago I started noticing white spots on our glasses.  I thought it was  water spots, but it continued to happen, no matter what I did!  Then I came across this tip from Real Simple magazine...clean your dishwasher with lemonade!



They recommended adding a packet of lemonade drink mix (without sugar) to the detergent cup in your dishwasher and running it through a cycle.  Of course I checked around on the internet to see if this was true and came across many, many sites with the same recommendation.  It seems that the citric acid in the drink mix works to remove the lime deposits and other gunk that is dirtying up your dishwasher.

The inside of my dishwasher was noticeably cleaner after running it with the lemonade drink mix!

Have you ever tried this crazy method of cleaning your dishwasher?  Do you have any other crazy cleaning tips for us?






Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...