Saturday, December 10, 2011

{Day 10}: To Win Your Love


Today's Physical Fitness:

30 minutes on the treadmill

Today's Spiritual Fitness:


Here is what we want to know. We want to know how long God's love will endure...Does God really love us forever? Not just on...Sunday when our shoes are shined and our hair is fixed. We want to know...how does God feel about me when I'm a jerk? Not when I'm peppy and positive and ready to tackle world hunger. Not then. I know how he feels about me then. Even I like me then.


I want to know how he feels about me when I snap at anything that moves, when my thoughts are gutter-level, when my tongue is sharp enough to slice a rock. How does he feel about me then?...


Can anything separate us from the love Christ has for us?


God answered our question before we asked it. So we'd see his answer, he lit the sky with a star. So we'd hear it, he filled the night with a choir, and so we'd believe it, he did what no man had ever dreamed. He became flesh and dwelt among us.


He placed his hand on the shoulder of humanity and said, "You're something special."


{excerpt from Max Lucado's One Incredible Moment: Celebrating the Majesty of the Manger}


Joy to the World!
The Lord is come:
Let Earth receive her King;
Let every heart prepare Him room,
And heaven and nature sing.
{Isaac Watts}

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. [Romans 8:38-39]

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...