Monday, December 12, 2011

{Day 12}: O Holy Night


Physical Fitness:

30 minutes on the treadmill

Spiritual Fitness:

Listen to the "Phantom of the Opera" sing O Holy Night with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. It is simply breathtaking. One of my favorite Christmas songs.

But before you do, ponder these thoughts from Max Lucado's One Incredible Moment...

You are my child. I love you dearly. I'm aware that someday you'll turn from me and walk away. But I want you to know, I've already provided a way back.

Stepping from the throne, he removed his robe of light and wrapped himself in skin: pigmented, human skin. The light of the universe entered a dark, wet womb. He whom angels worship nestled himself in the placenta of a peasant, was birthed into a cold night, and then slept on cow's hay.

You wonder how long my love will last? Find your answer on a splintered cross, on a craggy hill. That's me you see up there, your maker, your God, nail-stabbed and bleeding. Covered in spit and sin-soaked.

That's your sin I'm feeling. That's your death I'm dying. That's your resurrection I'm living. That's how much I love you.

Now listen and remember, he did it just for you.

{be sure to scroll down and click the pause button on the music player before listening to the song}

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...