Monday, December 26, 2011

{Day 25}: Christmas Leftovers


Physical Fitness:


100 stairs
10 super-slow squats
10 super-slow crunches
10 super-slow reverse push-ups
30 quick calf raises {straight, in, out}
1:00 plank



Spiritual Fitness:


I think I did more cooking and baking this weekend than I have done in my entire life!

Growing up in a house full of women, we have SO many Christmas traditions that we have carried on into adulthood, it is unreal. Big A's favorite one is most definitely the matching pjs that we all wear on Christmas Eve and even take pictures in...which my mom is now threatening to make into Christmas cards! Uh oh.

Anyways, now that we live away from family, it is up to me to carry on these traditions for my boys.

So, I worked overtime this past week and weekend to make sure the house was perfect, the gifts were perfect, the food was perfect, the entertainment was perfect, etc etc etc. And did it turn out perfect?

Pretty close! ;)

Now, do these little details really matter in the grand scheme of things? Probably not.

But I wanted to make sure that my boys had a special Christmas...and it was all worth it to me when Little A said, "this is the best Christmas ever!"

Honestly, any Christmas where he is spoiled rotten with toys {as he always is by Santa and his grandparents} is a great Christmas for him, but it made me feel good none the less.

This got me to thinking...do I go out of my way to give my best to God?

At our candlelight Christmas Eve service it was stated this way..."don't give God your leftovers-- your leftover time, your leftover talents, your leftover money."

And I thought to myself, if God {or any other honored guest, or any guest for that matter} was coming to my house for Christmas dinner, there is no way I would serve them our leftovers.

On the contrary, I would serve him my best meal.

So, I ask you? Are you going to give God your leftovers this Christmas and in the year to come, or are you going to give him the very best that he deserves?

I encourage you to give him the best portion. The first fruits. As I strive to do the same.

Let's not serve him on our own selfish terms-- only if we have any time, any talent or any money left to give.

He gave it all for us. The least we can do is give him our best.

God came as a baby, giving and entrusting Himself to me. He expects my personal life to be a "Bethlehem." Am I allowing my natural life to be slowly transformed by the indwelling life of the Son of God? God's ultimate purpose is that His Son might be exhibited in me. {Oswald Chambers}


I hope that you have enjoyed this 25 Days of Fitness journey to Bethlehem as much as I have. May you continue to seek after the savior all year long, not just at Christmastime.

He is waiting for you.

Before you go, don't forget to enter this fantastic giveaway and be sure to "like" Tower Promotions on facebook because they are going to be giving away 2 $50 Visa gift cards this week in honor of our 25 Days of Fitness journey and you won't want to miss it!

With the loving mercy of our God, a new day from heaven will dawn upon us. It will shine on those who live in darkness, in the shadow of death. It will guide us into the path of peace. {Luke 1:78-79}


Yea, Lord, we greet Thee,
Born this happy morning;
O Jesus, to Thee be all glory given;
Word of the Father,
Now in flesh appearing:
O come, let us adore Him...
Christ the Lord.
{translated from Latin by F. Oakley, 1841}

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...