Thursday, February 23, 2012

Be Still...and HE Will Be Exalted


Image and Necklace from The Adopt Shoppe


Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. {Psalm 46:10-11}


This passage of scripture has been popping up everywhere in my world lately. Does this ever happen to you?

Everywhere I turn, there it is. I feel like God wants me to take notice. You know that whole I'm about to hit you over the head with something big kinda feeling.

And then, BAM! He sure did.

I had never been much of a fan of the Be Still passage. I liked it enough, but honestly I never really "got it." I am a GO person and everytime I had heard this passage referenced, it was used as an encouragement to not "do" so much, but to instead "be still" and enjoy God. Or so I thought.

Until this past Sunday in church when the pastor mentioned these verses in his sermon. It was not the focus of his message and he did not expand on it; he simply quoted it.

And it hit me.

Be still and know that I am God.


We are not necessarily to "be still" so that we can spend more time with God, enjoying his presence - although that is a major part of it.

But we are to "be still" - or in other words, get out of the way, so that God can work. And so that we can witness his majesty.


I {GOD} will be exalted among the nations, I {GOD} will be exalted in the earth.


Our family has been on a journey of faith these past few months. One unlike any other we have ever been on.

We have had nothing to hang onto but God himself. And I am finally to a place where I can honestly say that it was worth it - to encounter the God that we had heard about. The God that we had read about. The God that we had hoped for, longed for. The God that we had believed in.

We have met him face to face. We have seen him in action. We have chosen to find joy in the journey.

The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. 


What do you do when your world falls apart?

Stick around as I reveal the rest of the story that God is revealing to me.


Pin It!

2 comments:

Cap Creations said...

Hey Erin I just wanted to say that I hope everything is okay. Please let me know if I can do anything.

Worthy of the Prize said...

Thanks for checking in, Cat! Things are good. It has a been a tough journey of faith but SO rewarding. We serve a great and MIGHTY God! You will understand more as I begin to reveal our story online and in my next book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...