Monday, March 19, 2012

{Hope for the Home}: Banana Bread and Remembering God

Hi, I'm Sarah from Carroll Creations! I am a wife to a wonderful husband and am a second grade teacher. I am also so thankful to be a daughter of our King. I love to create - whether that be through sewing, arts and crafts, or cooking and baking.


I love food a whole lot - I definitely look forward to a good meal whether it be home-cooked or out to eat. This is not necessarily a bad thing but I have had my heart checked recently when it comes to my delights. Not just in food but in all the things of the world - it is easy to enjoy the creation and forget to worship the Creator for what He gave us!

Whether it be TV, social media, exercise, sleep, food, or other people - it can be tempting to go to that creation to find joy, peace, or comfort. Yet, God is the ultimate comforter! He is the provider of our joy and peace - through His son, Jesus Christ. And, He is gracious enough to give us those creations in order to show His glory. Food reflects God's glory! It is a gift from our good God and He has provided it for us. I was reminded to have a thankful and worshipful heart while enjoying good food.

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?" Matthew 6:25. He is so worthy of our praise!

Home-Made Bananna Bread

Making bread is so peaceful for me. And making bread while worshiping my Lord is even better! I love seeing a recipe come together and this is pretty easy to pull together. I pray often to remember His goodness and for a worshipful heart. His creation can stir us to worship and I continue to remember that daily.

Banana Bread Recipe (from The Divvies Bakery Cookbook)

Ingredients:
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon cloves
5 very ripe, peeled bananas
1 cup applesauce
1 cup canola oil
1/2 cup water
3 cups granulated sugar

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray four mini loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and spices in small bowl. Set aside.
3. In mixer, beat bananas until pureed. Add and combine applesauce, oil, water and sugar until sugar has dissolved and ingredients are mixed well.
4. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients slowly. Beat on medium speed scraping down sides of bowl for one minute.
5. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake for 60 minutes or until center is set after testing with toothpick. If toothpick comes out clean, loaves are baked.
6. Let cool 5-10 minutes and remove from pans.


Thanks for letting me ramble a little bit! Enjoy!






Pin It!

3 comments:

Janis Matthews said...

Your post is an inspiration and your banana bread is delicious! And I am not saying this just because I'm your mommy!

Worthy of the Prize said...

Great post, Sarah Kay! SO glad to have you! Can't wait to try your yummy bread! :)

Maria said...

I absolutely loooove banana bread, and yours looks wonderful! Such a comforting bread! I love that Bible verse too :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...