Monday, April 30, 2012

{Hope for the Home}: Scripture Songs

 

Hi everyone. Amanda here again. I blog over at The McLife, and I write for this series every now and again. I hope today's post gives you an idea to bring Hope to your Home!

Sometimes, when it comes to instilling the word of God into our children's hearts, the simplest ideas are some of the very best. If you have been around children for any amount of time, you know that the majority of them love music. The great thing about that is, music can  be a great learning tool! It's a well known fact that memorizing can be easier when it's done in song form, and on top of that it can be just plain fun.

So, what does this have to do with instilling the word of God? Scripture songs! There are so many fabulous artists and companies out there that have put scripture into song format, and they have done it with children in mind. All it takes is a quick search of "scripture songs for kids" in your favorite music download store, and you can find a myriad of choices.

Awhile back, I noticed that Angie Smith, a blogger and Lifeway author, recommended Seeds Family Worship. I downloaded a few, and I love them. There are some out there that I think are more directed straight at preschoolers, but I likes Seeds because they work for all ages...and I like them too. My personal favorite is Cast Your Cares (Psalm 55:22). It just makes me happy. I'm also a fan of Joy for All People (Luke 2:8-14).

Check them out and get your kids singing!



Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...