Monday, November 30, 2009

Day 2: Tuesday {11/30/10}

I did not get this post up as soon as I would have liked to today but it has been a BUSY day!

Workout Routine for today---

-5 minute warm-up (walk/stretch)
-45 minutes on the elliptical (probably would have gone longer but I only had so much time between Big A getting home from work and having to go back)
-5 minute cool-down (walk/stretch)

Not sore yet but my legs were tired....did not have quite the brisk pace that I had on the elliptical yesterday!

Still doing good on my calories!

Still need to increase my water intake!

Is this hard for anyone else?

I feel like it is a chore to get it all in...it's like another thing I have to fit into my hectic day!

I think I am going to have to start filling up my water-bottle first thing and keep it right by my side all day long!

Spiritual Reflections for today---

Today's reading from One Incredible Moment is written from Joseph's perspective.

Basically, he is questioning God as to why Jesus (the Messiah!) was born in a stable!

He says...

"This isn't the way I planned it, God. Not at all. This isn't at all what I imagined. Did I miss something? Did I, God?"

HELLO!

I think we have all been there.

I mean, I live in Wisconsin for crying out loud!!!

Never did I dream of leaving the Great State!

(only did that one other time in college and I came back just about as quick as I left!)

Then Joseph goes on to talk about the fact that he is a carpenter...a builder...a planner.

He says...

"I make things fit. I square off the edges. I follow the plumb line. I measure twice before I cut once. I like to know the plan. I like to see the plan before I begin."

Ha!

Can you see yourself saying these very words?

I know I've gone to God kicking and screaming a few times myself!

But here is the best part...

"But this time I'm not the builder, am I? This time I'm a tool. A hammer in your grip. A chisel in your hands. This project is yours, not mine. I guess it is foolish of me to question you. Forgive my struggling. Trust doesn't come easy to me God. But you never said it would be easy, did you?"

WOW!

I can honestly say from experience that God does not disappoint.

I may not always understand and I definitely would have done it a different way...but everytime I let go and trust Him...man does He come through!

I will leave you with this to ponder:

Now glory be to GOD, who by His mighty power at work within you is able to do far more than you would ever dare to ask or even dream. Infinitely beyond your highest prayers, desires, thoughts or hopes! (Ephesians 3:20-21)


Prayer for today---

Lord, I thank you that your ways are not my ways. I praise you because your ways are better! Help me to trust you even when I do not understand and cannot see the outcome. Amen.

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...