Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 3: Wednesday {12/1/10}

I am getting this done early today because I have no kiddos in the house with me this morning!!

It's amazing how much I can get done when they are not around!

What did I use to do with all that extra time?

Spiritual Reflections for today---

Today's reading from One Incredible Moment is from Mary's perspective.

She is simply talking to the Baby Jesus, reflecting on what lies ahead for him.

She is telling him to sleep well and rest well while he can because he has a tough road ahead and that he will not rest again until he is home in the embrace of the Father.

All I could think about while I was reading this morning is this song by Chris Rice called "Welcome to Our World."

Listen to it for yourself!




It saddens me to think that Jesus had to suffer and die because of our (my) selfishness and sin.

To think that God created this beautiful world for us that we took for granted and destroyed.

Yet, I am forever grateful for God's grace and Jesus' obedient sacrifice.

Prayer for today---

Lord, thank you for sending Jesus to save me. Help me to never take for granted his sacrifice of love. Help me to live my life as an offering of gratitude.

Workout Routine for today---

- 5 minute warm-up (walk, stretch)
-30 minutes on the elliptical at a brisk pace
-free-weight routine combining upper and lower body (squats, calf raises, bench press, shoulder circuit, bicep curls, tricep extensions and abs...8-10 reps on each)
-5 minute cool-down (walk, stretch)

Keep in mind that there are many other things you can do for cardio (walk, jog, bike, etc)....I choose to do the elliptical because it is the easiest on my body (you may recall that I have back/hip problems from volleyball and babies...and the wonderful gift of genetics).

I will stick to my calories again today and am determined to get in more water!

How are you doing so far?

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...