Friday, December 11, 2009

Day 13: Saturday {12/11/10}

So today I had to be a little creative to get my workout in!

I had a Christmas baking party to go to this morning and had planned to go to the Y sometime this afternoon or evening.

However, plans changed quickly when a winter storm decided to arrive which meant this Texas girl ain't goin' nowhere!

Workout Routine for today---

-climbed 100 stairs

Spiritual Reflections for today---

Have you ever let God love you?

Sometimes we may not feel we are worthy of His love, but He says...

I have loved you with an everlasting love. (Jeremiah 3:13)

I know I am guilty of going to him with a list of things that I need or want, never stopping to rest in his presence, simply allowing him to love on me.

The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. (Zephaniah 3:17)

Don't you think this is one of the most beautiful passages in all of scripture?!!?

What imagery!

"Note who is active and who is passive. Who is singing, and who is resting? Who is rejoicing over his loved one, and who is being rejoiced over?"

"We tend to think we are the singers and God is the "singee." Most certainly that is often the case. But apparently there are times when God wishes we would just be still and (what a stunning thought!) let him sing over us."

Prayer for today---

Lord, help me to love you the way that I would want my child to love me, simply delighting in your presence and not always complaining or wanting something. Amen.



Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...