Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

I hope you had a safe and fun New Year's celebration with loved ones! I know I did.

But that is another story for another time, as for now...

I still cannot believe it is 2010, can you?!!? So crazy. To hear my reflections on the past decade, go here.

As much fun as the holidays were, I will say that I am ready to get back into a normal routine again and to start the 3 on 3 Fit Challenge.

For those of you taking the challenge with me, here are a few reminders...

Requirements:

1. You MUST workout at least 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes.
2. You MUST memorize 3 verses from Proverbs 31 (or for men: 3 verses from the 31 verses listed in the Character Counts Devotional Cards) each week, starting with verse 1 and continuing through verse 31.

Recommendations:

1. Try to drink 1 gallon of water each day, starting with 8 glasses a day and adding 2 glasses per day every week. The main thing is to cut back on the sodas and drink more water!
2. Try to take 10, 000 steps each day, starting with 3500 and adding 500 per day each week. The main thing is to get off the couch and get moving!
3. Set your goal weight, determine how many calories you need to take in each day in order to reach that weight and stick to that amount of calories each day.

For more information on these, go here.

Also, please leave a comment letting me know that you are taking the challenge with me, please encourage your family members and friends to take the challenge too, please pray for all those taking the challenge, and please leave comments along the way to encourage the rest of us!

It all starts Sunday!!

Here's to a Happy & Healthy 2010!!!

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...