Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Fit for My King

Alright girls!!

Today is the day.

The day that I start back on my fitness journey!

No more wallowing in my sorrows and physical frustrations.

I am pumped!

For the next 30 days, I will be doing the exercises and diet plan from "Body Defining," by Dr. Ellington Darden, PhD, which I told you about here.

I am actually going to start with the hardcore 10-day plan 1st to jumpstart it, before moving on to the 6-week plan!

He says you can lose up to 7 lbs in 10 days, while gaining muscle! When I did this plan several months ago, I lost 5 lbs in 10 days...maybe I can beat my record this time!

For the next 30 days, I will also be doing 1 devotional a day from "Fit for My King," by Sheri Rose Shepherd to help motivate me! (1 of the many books I bought from her at the EWomen Conference a few weeks ago, I will let you know how it is)

She just happens to be a fan of Worthy of the Prize Sports Ministries on Facebook!!!

Crazy, I know!!

Not only is she an inspiring writer and speaker, but her story is incredible and she has a "Mothers of Boys" conference that I would LOVE to attend someday!

As you can tell, I am a fan so I am sure you will hear more about her in the future on this blog! ;)

For now, you can check out her "Fit for My King" blog here and her His Princess Ministries website here. (Links are also on my sidebar)

I still have a lot of weight that I would like to lose!

I figure for all that Christ has done for me, the least I can do for Him is to honor Him with my body (His temple)...by exercising, eating right, getting rest, drinking plenty of water, etc.

Do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)

Who wants to join me?!!?

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...