Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fitness Frustrations- Part 4

If you have not already read Fitness Frustrations- Part 1, 2, or 3, they will help you understand my history...

So, I have been doing a few of my basic core exercises for several weeks now and nothing more...

My back is feeling pretty good, so I think the inflammation has died down enough for me to get back into the groove of working out...

I would like to share with you the only diet/workout program that has helped me lose weight, burn fat and gain muscle (particularly core strength) without causing me more pain/problems these past almost 2 years since giving birth to Little E...

Don't get me wrong...there are other good programs out there but I have found that for women (particularly women who have any kind of joint/muscle problems or who are pregnant/post-partum)...this is the absolute best one that I have found!

The main reasons why it is so good....

-It is designed specifically for women
-It is low-impact
-It is designed to help you burn fat while gaining muscle (particularly in the midsection, where women need it the most)
-It takes into account things that pertain specifically to women, such as hormones, pregnancy, build, etc.

The program is called 'Body Defining' by Dr. Ellington Darden, PhD. You can buy the book if you are interested. (This man is an expert, my dad has lost 60+ lbs on his program for men over 40 and he has gained a ton of muscle during the process)

The 6-week exercise program is strength-based and low-impact...you have the choice of doing machine-weights or free-weight dumbbells. The main concept is that you do a low number of reps (8) and you do all of the exercises SUPER-SLOW!

If you would like to try this workout program, leave me a comment and I will send you a copy of the specific exercises.

As for the 6-week diet plan, go here for the details.

If you would like to go super-hardcore for 10 days to kick-start your new diet/workout routine, go here and read Option #3 for a 10 day plan. Leave me a comment if you want more details on the exercises.

So, now you know what diet/exercise program I will be starting up again very soon! I will let you know when I start! It will most likely be within the next week or so.

If you want to do it with me, go ahead and get all the information you need for the exercises, buy the book if you want, and go grocery shopping to get your new foods!

In the meantime, check out this post for other great health and fitness tips!

And like The Design Girl says, remember...I am NOT a doctor/trainer/nutrionist or anything of the sort! I am just a former collegiate athlete/coach turned stay-at-home-momma!

Hope this helps someone! :)

By the way, I am giving away our most popular Fit Band on Twitter @wotpministries when I get 100 followers! So follow me and RT for me! Thanks!


P.S. If you have suffered from pelvic pain after pregnancy, or have been to physical therapy for pelvic floor after pregnancy, I would love to hear your story and offer any advice I might have for you! There are other things I have been doing to help my problems that I will not be sharing on the blog, so leave me a comment or send me an email if you are interested! I have been chatting with another friend who has struggled with some of my same issues and it has been therapuetic!

Pin It!

4 comments:

Jen Bowers said...

Thanks for the tips! I'm a new reader and think the 10 day plan is something I can conquer. One question... I have a coffee issue. Do you think it would ruin the effectiveness of the diet plan if I had just one cup of regular coffee in the morning? I don't need cream or sugar.
Thanks again!

The Lewis Family said...

Do you have the book or does dad? I need to read that. I need some serious muscle mass increase.

Pennie said...

I would love a copy of the exercises. I have scoliosis and a neck/disc issue, so anything to help the core for me, the better. Thanks!!

Worthy of the Prize said...

Thanks for the comments! :)
Jen, I definitely think the coffee thing will throw off your diet somewhat, particularly the 10-day plan which is very strict..he wants you to eat exactly what it lists for 10 days, the 6-week plan is a little more flexible about substitutions...find out how many calories are in the coffee that you drink...his plan is all about sticking to the designated calories and the balance of protein/carb/etc...he really wants you to drink ONLY water...if you have to drink the coffee, make sure you still get your 124 oz of water in each day...if you can, try to switch to a diet soda or crystal light mix-in instead of coffee cause those very little calories if any...Jess, I do have the book, I think Dad also got the book for Mom and Sarah, not sure? I know he has the men's version...Pennie, I will send you the exercises as soon as I find them...I know I have a copy on my computer somewhere! :)Let me know if ya'll have any other questions...goodluck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...