Thursday, April 14, 2011

The 4/14 Window {April 14th}

Today is April 14th {4/14} and Wes Stafford and Compassion International are challenging us to take some time to pray (and fast) for the more than 1.2 billion children around the world who are in the 4/14 window.

What is the 4/14 window you ask?

It is children between the ages of 4 and 14.

Children are the most open to Christ's gift of salvation and moldable in their spiritual beliefs and values between the ages of 4 and 14. This is the time of life when they're also most vulnerable to the devastating effects of poverty, war, disease, neglect and abuse.

Why is it important to reach children between the ages of 4 and 14?

Alot of us have children of our own, are adopting children or are sponsoring children in this age group.

Besides the fact that God loves them, research has revealed that the majority of people who accept Christ do so before the age of 15. In addition, people's life-long spiritual identity is in place by age 13 and rarely changes thereafter.

Let's take a moment today to make a significant difference in the lives of these children and help raise up a new generation of Christ followers.

I began a personal relationship with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ at the age of 10---almost 23 years ago!

At what age were you saved? Leave me a comment.

Go HERE to discover Christ's gift of salvation.

The Lord your God is with you, he is might to save. {Zephaniah 3:17}

Pin It!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was saved at age 7.

Tina Hollenbeck said...

I had just just turned 18...but I can very much relate to what you've said here because I suffered really devastating abuse between the ages of 5 and 11 - and two other traumatic experiences in my teens. Yet, when I look back, I see how the Lord planted seeds of faith during my childhood even in those events. The harvest came shortly after I went to college.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...