Tuesday, April 19, 2011

mom2mom: Easter Edition! {Easter Egg Countdown}

I saw this craft recently and LOVED it! It’s super cute, holiday décor, but cheap and kid-friendly!

Here’s a list of what you’ll need to gather to make one:


  • A “silver” magnetic tray (mine is from the dollar store)
  • Spray paint
  • 12 plastic Easter eggs – I liked the idea of using a dozen eggs, but you could always use less! There’s only 5 days until Easter, so your kiddos might have to eat a few extra pieces of candy. :)
  • 12 magnets (you can find them at most craft stores – bring your 40% off coupon)
  • Scrapbook stickers (for the numbers – you could also just write the numbers on with a Sharpie).
  • A hot glue gun

The first thing I did was spray paint my tray. This is totally optional, but I liked the idea of the brightly-colored eggs on a white tray.

When the tray was try, I glued the magnet to the back of each egg. I glued mine to the top half of the egg. Be sure to glue it to either the top or the bottom – don’t glue it in the middle or your kiddos won’t be able to open their eggs!
After I glued the magnets on, I arranged the eggs in the order that I liked them on the tray.


When I was happy with the order, I stuck the number stickers on the eggs. I found it easier to stick the numbers on after the magnets so that the numbers were in the correct spot on the egg.




Now you can fill your eggs! I filled our eggs with candy , but you could also fill them with little activities that your kiddos can do to help them countdown the days until Easter (dye eggs, have an egg hunt, etc). Next year, I plan to fill the eggs with something similar to the Resurrection eggs.

Have a Happy Easter!


Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...