Monday, June 20, 2011

mom2mom {linky party}: summer time saver!

Since we're on vacation this week, this mom2mom is going to be about one of my favorite things...Summer! I'm here this week with a summer time saver...packing a bag of "summer essentials" ahead of time. We are often on the go all summer long, so I like to keep a bag of essentials packed and ready to go.

Here's what I have packed in the bottom layer of my bag:



A wet bag, sunscreen, anti-itch lotion (for all of those bug bites that happen while we're out playing!), Band-Aids and Neosporin, a Ziploc bag (for anything that needs to be contained), and extra beach towel (great for sitting on at the park or just in case someone's towel gets wet at the pool), Wet Ones wipes (for dirty hands or faces) and snacks!


I keep the "first aid" supplies in a Ziploc bag to keep them from leaking on everything else.



I LOVE this wet bag and wish I hadn't waited until now to make one!  They are perfect for wet bathing suits, wet clothes (or muddy clothes, as it usually happens in our house), or wet towels.  It's lined with a waterproof material that keeps the moisture in and protects the rest of the items in your bag.

These supplies always stay in the bottom of the bag, no matter where we're going! I add anything extra depending on where we're going - extra towels and water toys for the pool, water bottles and extra snacks for a short trip, etc.

I keep this in our little closet-turned-mudroom by the back door so it's always handy to grab when we're leaving!

Do you have a summer essentials bag or any great ideas for summer? Link up or leave a comment!




Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...