Tuesday, June 21, 2011

mom2mom {linky party} highlights

I hope you are enjoying our mom2mom {linky party} as much as I am! It is making me a better mom for sure!

For those of you who are new around here, every Monday Mary Jo Smith of 517 Creations {my business partner, maker of all things Fit Band, dear friend and fellow minister's wife} posts a "tip" for moms and invites you to link-up with anything that "works for you" as a mom so we can learn from each other!

A few weeks ago we took a break to pray for Joplin after the devastating tornado hit just 4 miles from the church where Mary Jo and her husband {a youth pastor} serve.

Instead of our "normal" WINSDAY! {giveaway} that week, we collected gift cards to send to tornado victims.

With your help, I have already sent $515 worth with more on the way!

And Mary Jo created this beatiful frame filler printable for you to download and frame as a reminder of God's great love and faithfulness even in times of great sorrow and loss.

{Please continue to pray for Joplin. It is a long road to recovery and they are going to need monetary and manual labor help for awhile. The city will never be the same but I pray that God's glory be revealed.}

Last week she shared a very sweet, thoughtful gift perfect for grandparents and other out of town guests!

I love the idea of having the boys describe what is happening in each picture! So cute!

This week she shared with us a "summer-time saver" tip.

Check it out HERE if you missed it.

I actually have a summer bag of my own that I keep stocked with sunscreen, bug spray, aloe, swim diapers, pull-ups, wipes, goggles, sunglasses, bandaids, etc. And like Mary Jo, I keep it by the door, fill it with any essentials for the day's outing, grab it and go!

It definitely saves alot of time and hassle since we are pretty much on the go and outdoors {alot of times in the water} during these summer days!


Isn't it cute?

I bought a straw tote from Target {love} and added a few rosettes to it that were leftover from my spring/summer wreath!

I LOVE IT!!

And I LOVE summer! :)

Pin It!

1 comment:

MJ @ 517 Creations said...

LOVE the rosettes you made for your bag! :) Crafty lady! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...