Saturday, September 3, 2011

Fall Fun and Football

I am so very excited that fall has arrived, bringing college football with it!

I absolutely love this time of year. Especially now that we live in the frozen tundra because we get to witness the breathtaking changing of the colors. Indescribable.

If you live in a part of the country where you do not get to see the fall colors, you really need to take a trip to see it at some point. Seriously.

Only a few more weeks and it will be happening here!

And then in about a month we will be taking trips with the boys to the pumpkin farm and the apple orchard. Such family fun.

College football began last night in our household with my TCU Horned Frogs taking on the Baylor Bears. I am disappointed to report that my Frogs did not pull out the win. However, being a Waco girl myself, growing up at the Baylor games, I must admit that I always love to see the Bears win. And what a game it was!

Robert Griffin III. WOW.

I have always had a love of football, however I did not gain a true appreciation for it until the end of college. Being a collegiate volleyball player, I never got to go to football games growing up because they coincided with volleyball season, which meant I had games of my own.

But as soon as my playing days were over, I began watching/attending as many TCU football games as possible, with a few other schools thrown in the mix as well. Add in marrying a sports fanatic and Saturdays have pretty much become a college football watching marathon at our house.

There is nothing better than spending time at home with my boys, watching game after game while Little A and Little E entertain us with car races, train escapades, ball games and imaginary parades.

Naturally, we love to have football watching parties in our home, which is why I am extremely excited about these fantastic Pinterest finds that are sure to enhance our College Game Day experience!



Ham and Cheese Bites. An easy to make, yummy, perfect party food.



Football Whoopie Pies. A southern delight. So cute!



And a pumpkin cooler. What a cute way to keep the drinks cold. Would be great at any fall party!

So, who are you rooting for this season?!

Do you have any fun fall party ideas to share?

I will leave you with this...

Riff Ram Bah Zoo! Give 'em hell, TCU!!!!!!!

Happy Fall, friends!

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...