Thursday, December 22, 2011

{Day 21}: I Played My Best For Him


Physical Fitness:

100 stairs
10 super-slow squats
10 super-slow crunches
10 super-slow reverse push-ups
30 quick calf raises {straight, in, out}
1:00 plank


Spiritual Fitness:

One of my all-time favorite Christmas songs is Jars of Clay's "Little Drummer Boy."

{be sure to scroll down and click pause on the music player before watching video}



Have you noticed how much I love music and like to use it in my devotionals? It really speaks to my soul and is a vessel that God has always used to bring me closer to him. Must be why I married a Worship Pastor, who happens to be a drummer himself! ;)

I just love love love the line that says "I played my drum for him. I played my best for him."

It always brings tears to my eyes and is probably one of the greatest lines in any song ever written.

This little boy had nothing to give but his one talent. And yet that did not stop him...he played his heart out for the newborn king.

What an offering of praise to our God. Oh how I would have loved to hear it.

What do you have to give the Christ-child this Christmas season?

I bring an offering of worship to my King
No one on earth deserves the praises that I sing
Jesus, may you receive the honor that you're due
O Lord, I bring an offering to you
{Casting Crowns}

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...