Friday, January 13, 2012

{Free Friday}: Let It Snow


Today I am sharing this cute little print from Therapeutic Crafting. Don't you just love it?

Go here to download.

We had our first significant snow fall of the season yesterday. The few we had previously were about 1-2 inches and it melted within a day. But this one was about 4-5 inches and it should stick around because there are no warm days in sight.

Today we are taking the boys sledding for the first time this winter and they are SO excited! I look forward to seeing the joy on their sweet little faces.

There is just something about snow that always makes me think of Christ.

Being a Texas girl, I had not had much experience with it until we moved here a year and a half ago. Last winter I got a lot more experience than I probably would have liked being that we had several snowstorms and blizzards, each bringing 15-20 inches.


This is what we were dealing with by this time last year. My husband is 6 feet tall and is only bent slightly over in this photo. Crazy!

But I have to say, there are few things that compare to a freshly fallen snow.

Imagine a quiet hush over the land. The peace that passes understanding. Pure white as far as the eye can see. The sign of a new beginning. It's as if time stands still with the overwhelming sense of God all around you. There is nothing quite like it in this life.

Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice. Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity. Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. {Psalm 51:7-12}

Pin It!

2 comments:

Grace and Beauty said...

I can't imagine that much snow! Love the verse! :-)

Worthy of the Prize said...

Thanks for stopping by, Cyndi! I am thankful for our new friendship. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...