Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 16: Tuesday {12/14/10}

I finally decided to brave the roads and head to the Y.

And I am alive to tell the story!

Workout Routine for today---

-30 minutes on the elliptical

***this time I added intervals meaning I went super-fast for a couple of minutes and then at a regular pace for a couple of minutes...I did this over and over again until the 30 minutes were up (the changes in heart rate help me burn more calories than I would going at a steady pace the entire time)

Spiritual Reflections for today---

My children absolutely drive me crazy sometimes.

My eldest knows how to get under my skin like no other and yes, sometimes I get angry.

And today just happens to be one of those days!

Can anyone out there relate to this?

I am by no means a perfect parent!

Surprise, surprise!

Are you?

Yet, I love my children more than anything on this earth.

In fact, I have gone out of my way to make sure they have a wonderful Christmas this year, filled with the perfect presents under the tree and in their stocking.

Simply because I love them and want the best for them.

I want them to be healthy and happy.

How much more does my heavenly Father love me? Than I am even capable of loving my own children.

How much better are the gifts that my heavenly Father gives me? Than I can even dream of giving my children.

The cross.

Like no other gift we will ever receive.

Have you accepted this great gift?

"Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!" (2 Corinthians 9:15)

Prayer for today---

Lord, thank you for the gift of the cross and for granting forgiveness when I repent. Help me never to forget or take for granted what you did for me. I pray that those who are lost will accept your gift this Christmas. Amen.

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...