Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 5: Friday {12/3/10}

Today was another BUSY day!

I did not make it to the Y so tonight I got a little creative and did my workout at home!

Workout Routine for today---

I have yet to find my Wii Fit DVD since we moved so I played a little Wii sports with Big A, climbed 100 stairs and did my strength-training exercises (squats, abs, reverse push-ups).

I did all of my exercises tonight at a super-slow pace and did 8 reps of each.

As always, I did my back rehab exercises before and after my workout.

As for calories, still doing good...we ate out again tonight so not exactly sure how many calories I consumed but I did good all day and did not over eat tonight!

Still working on getting more water in!

Spiritual Reflections for today---

Today's reading from One Incredible Moment is entitled, "The Meek Were Kneeling."

The basic premise behind it is an explanation as to why the announcement of Jesus' birth went first to the shepherds.

Max writes...

"They didn't ask God if he knew what he was doing. Had the angel gone to theologians, they would have first consulted their commentaries. Had he gone to the elite, they would have looked around to see if anyone was watching. Had he gone to the successful, they would have first looked at their calendars. So he went to the shepherds. Men who didn't have a reputation to protect or an ax to grind or a ladder to climb. Men who didn't know enough to tell God that angels don't sing to sheep and that messiahs aren't found wrapped in rags and sleeping in a feed trough."

I can't help but wonder which category of men do I fall in?

He goes on to say that in order to go inside the birthplace of Jesus (a quiet cave), you have to stoop because the door is so low. There is no way to go in standing up.

He goes on to compare this to our relationship with Christ.

"You can see the world standing tall, but to witness the Savior, you have to get down on your knees."

In this day and age, people tend to cringe at the work "meek" associating it with being weak, poor and pretty much a push-over.

It is an insult considering that this world has trained us to be money-driven and power-hungry.

But I would just like to remind you that this is an incorrect definition of "meek" and not at all what Jesus meant.

"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth," says the Bible. The word translated as "meek" is the Greek word praus, which in ancient times didn't mean "weak-willed, passive, mild." Rather, it referred to great power that was under rigorous control. For example, soldiers' warhorses were considered praus. They heeded the commands of their riders, but were fierce warriors that fought with tireless fervor. - Rob Brezsny

Prayer for today---
Lord, help me to be like the shepherds who recognized you for who you are.

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...