Friday, December 4, 2009

Day 6: Saturday {12/4/10}

Today was another crazy, hectic day!

It is alot tougher to stick to the 25 Days of Fitness on the weekends, at least this weekend anyway!

Did not do quite as well on my calories and water today.

Tonight was the SLC staff Christmas party at our favorite mexican restaurant here (that we have found so far) and I did over eat tonight!

Workout Routine for today---

I managed to fit in a 20-minute fast-walk on the indoor track at the Y in between errands!

I will probably do a similar workout tomorrow and will hit it hard again Monday!

Spiritual Reflections for today---

Today's reading from One Incredible Moment is about Simeon waiting with expectation for the arrival of the Messiah.

Everything he did revolved around expecting the Savior to be born!

In fact, as soon as he held the baby in his arms he said, "Now Lord, you can let me, your servant, die in peace as you said."

Max goes on to say that "the way he waited for the first coming is a model for how we should wait for the Second Coming."

Ouch!

Not sure I can say that I am truly living my life in anticipation of the Second Coming of Christ.

If I was, wouldn't I spend every moment living for Christ and spreading the gospel message to a lost and dying world?

Prayer for today---

Lord, help me to be like Simeon, waiting with expectation for your Second Coming, not wasting a moment on worldly things that will pass away. Help me to keep my focus on Christ and spreading His message of salvation.

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...