Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Mommy


My Mommy
By Little A

My mommy has brown eyes and brown hair.
My mommy is 4 years old.
My mommy is prettiest when she wears a necklace.
My mommy is funniest when she talks on the phone.
I like when she cooks scooby-doo macaroni and cheese and french fries.
I don't like it when she cooks chicken.
She likes when I help her play tackle.
If my mommy had $100 she would buy a train toy and a bike.
We like to feed the ducks together.

I love her very much!

(This is what Little A wrote about me last week at preschool!)

I just love the stuff that he makes for me at preschool! He also drew a picture of me and painted a bluebonnet on a ceramic tile using his little fingerprints!

I am a sucker for the crafts they make with their fingers/toes/hands/feet!

We had a wonderful Mother's Day together as a family!

Gigi, Granddaddy, Auntie Sarah, Auntie Jess, Uncle Seth, Caleb and Eli joined us for church and an enjoyable lunch at Waterloo Icehouse where the kiddos could run and play while we ate and talked!

When we came home, I took a 5 HOUR NAP!! (I am really run-down and half-sick, so I needed it)

The boys had dinner ready for me when I woke up at 8:00pm!! (don't worry I went right to sleep at my normal bed-time, I could sleep all day if someone let me)

It was also nice to spend some quality time with Big A since the boys went to bed as soon as I woke up!

Oh yeah, I got some great gifts including Angie Smith's "I Will Carry You," that I told you about here.

It was fabulous, I read it in 2 days, couldn't put it down!

It is a MUST-READ for everyone, particularly if you have suffered the loss of a child (or any loss for that matter) or have simply been through a season where you doubted/struggled in your relationship with God!

We also participated in the March for Babies Austin and the AMBC Mothers & Others Ladies Luncheon on Saturday, but I will have to tell you about those another time!

All in all, it was a busy but great weekend!


Thank you Lord for allowing me the great privilege of raising these 2 crazy boys. What a high calling it is and such an honor. Please help me to be the best mommy I can be and I beg you to fill in the many gaps where I fail. Amen.

"
Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from Him." (Psalm 127:3)


Pin It!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

You are an awesome mom! Wish I could take credit for how awesome Anderson and EJ are, but I realized a long time ago that you were incredibly special and God had special plans for you! I thank Him daily for answering my prayer not to mess that up! Haha. Seriously, I did the best I could, made lots of first time mom mistakes and covered the rest in prayer. Praise the Lord that it worked! I heard a quote one time, "you won't know how successful you were at raising your children until you see your grandchildren", or something similar to that. Makes sense! If it's true, then I can say I must have done something right because my 4 boys are amazing already! Thank you God! Hurry and post luncheon pictures...I want to see your table!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...